Our Ingle Farm residential care home is surrounded by beautiful gardens and open spaces. Ingle Farm care home opened in 1995, and was the first of its kind in Australia to incorporate the concept of ageing in place, so residents didn’t have to move wings or even facilities as their care needs changed. This pioneering model is now the standard for all aged care homes in Australia.
Ingle Farm is supported by a dedicate Auxiliary and committed group of volunteers. Local volunteers are happy to support the Max Marshall Community Centre on site, and activities programs often involve help and participation from the local community. Residents can get involved in a range of lifestyles activities such as carpet bowls, bingo, craft group, exercise therapy, men’s group activities, as well as attend regular concerts with visiting entertainers. Highlights at Ingle Farm are the bus excursions and outings, and the special luncheons held throughout the year.
Residents are encouraged to personalise their room with personal belongings such as favourite chair, an heirloom quilt or a collection of family photos. They may also bring a small collection of plants and continue to care for them in the community garden or courtyards.
Ingle Farm accommodates 98 residents, and features of the home include:
- Single or double contemporary and spacious suites with ensuite facilities
- Secure 16-place memory support units
- On-site parking
- Beautifully appointed respite rooms
- Max’s café, serving refreshments and light meals
- Comprehensive libraries and reading room
- Unisex hair salon
- Interactive gardens, including seasonal fruits, vegetables and herbs
- Landscaped gardens and courtyards that incorporate seasonal colours, fragrances and textures
- Internet café
- Open plan communal lounge rooms
- Quality home-style cooked meals prepared on site
- Weekly church services and social activities.
Nursing home features
Types of care
Ingle Farm offers both single and shared rooms, equipped with Nurse Call points, fabric curtains and carpet. Rooms are furnished with an electric bed, built-in wardrobe and lockable storage. There is also provision for a telephone, personal computer and a bar fridge, with a separate utility cabinet including a sink and shelving.
Rooms are designed with a small selection of furniture to encourage residents to furnish their rooms with their own personal effects and pieces - creating a home-like environment as much as possible.
Please contact us on 1300 653 600 for more information and to apply.