Skip to main content Facebook Twitter
Find an aged care home for you!  
On 1300 606 781

Types of assessments

There are two types of assessments used to decide if and what services you can access with Government support. Both of these are organised through the Government aged care portal My Aged Care. You can contact My Aged Care online or by phone on 1800 200 422. 

Which assessment applies to you will depend on your needs and the information you provide when you first make contact with My Aged Care. 

If you only require basic help around the home, you will be assessed by the Regional Assessment Service (RAS)

Or, if you have more complex needs and require higher levels of care, then you will have an assessment from an Aged Care Assessment Team (ACAT), or Aged Care Assessment Service (ACAS) if you live in Victoria.

The My Aged Care contact centre will book a time for the assessment. An assessor will visit you to talk through your service needs and requirements. The assessment can also take place over the phone or via video call.

Information Guides

Aged Care Guide is endorsed by
COTA logo
ACIA logo
ACCPA logo