Situated in South Australia’s mid north, our Jamestown residential care home has a rich history, and is an important part of the district’s farming, military and railway history. Known locally as Belalie Lodge – named after the local native wattle tree called belalie – residents enjoy easy access to all of the amenities and facilities that Jamestown has to offer. Belalie Lodge has been providing high quality care services since 1978 and in 2004 was amalgamated into Helping Hand, assuring that aged care support could continue to be provided in the region for years to come.
Helping Hand staff, the Belalie Lodge Auxiliary, volunteers and community groups work hard to support residents with lifestyle programs and activities. Residents are able to get involved in music concerts, slide nights, the men’s shed – a place for the men to meet and tinker with projects, ladies craft afternoons, bingo, and movie days. On a weekly basis bus excursions are organised, travelling to nearby towns for picnics, guided tours of museums, old jails and art galleries and visits to RSLs where residents are able to socialise and enjoy a drink. A popular event at Belalie Lodge is a community BBQ where residents gather in the courtyard to socialise with friends & build new acquaintances.
Belalie Lodge has recently undergone a multi-million dollar redevelopment. We can now offer residents improved, comfortable and stylish communal areas and facilities. Residents are encouraged to personalise their room with belongings such as favourite chair, an heirloom quilt or a collection of family photos. They may also bring a small collection of plants and continue to care for them in the community garden.
Belalie Lodge accommodates forty residents, and features of the home include:
- Modern, spacious single or adjoining units for couples with ensuite facilities
- Provision for secure memory support units
- Modern respite units with beautiful tree lined street views
- Extensive library
- Unisex hair salon
- Open plan communal lounge rooms
- Landscaped gardens and courtyards incorporating seasonal colours, fragrances and textures
- Interactive gardens, including seasonal fruits, vegetables and herbs
- Reminiscence Room with artefacts and old archives from the local community, changed monthly
- Quality home-style cooked meals.