Offering help at home
We understand that as people age they may need some help to maintain their quality life at home.
Our aim is to support people to continue to do the things they want to do.
We do this by offering a range of flexible services tailored to you.
This may include:
- Home Help - housework, cleaning, laundry, home maintenance and gardening
- Nursing & Allied Health – assistance and advice with mobility, home modifications, continence management, wound care, dementia care and palliative care, consultation with a Nurse Practitioner
- Personal care and hygiene - bathing and dressing and hospital to home support.
- Equipment – mobility, bathroom or personal aids
- Meal Preparation - cooking and overseeing dietary requirements
- Social support – outings and excursions, maintaining family and community links
- Shopping - help with shopping
- Transport - assistance to attend appointments and community activities
- Pet care – dog walking and vet appointments
- Respite care
- Self-funded services
How does it work?
A Home Care Package is a set of consumer directed services that help you to live at home as your needs change. You can choose what you want in your package.
All you need to do is call us and arrange a time for one of our staff to come to your home and discuss what you need. We’ll guide you through the process so you get the best outcome.
We offer four levels of Home Care Packages:
- Home Care Level 1 & 2 to support people with low level care needs.
- Home care Level 3 to support people with intermediate care needs.
- Home Care Level 4 to support people with high care needs.
What will it cost?
The Australian Government provides funding for Home Care Packages but you will be asked to contribute to the cost of your care. The amount you pay is based on your income, assets and investments and any additional services you may wish to purchase.
If you don’t want to wait for funding approval, or are not entitled to government funding, and want to start receiving services straight away you have the option of buying services through our Self-Funded Service Program.
This could be as a one off service or as a bundle of services. The choice is yours.
Our self-funded services are flexible, competitive and easy to arrange.
What you’ll receive from us:
- A package of services designed by you
- Flexible service delivered by professional and experienced staff
- A monthly service statement identifying your budget and services provided
- Experienced advisors supporting you to maintain control of your life
Our aim at UCWPA is to ensure people lead meaningful lives no matter their age. For us a meaningful life means:
- being well
- being happy
- being independent
- being involved
It’s about ensuring our customers feel happy and comfortable, that they have choice and control and are given the opportunity to make their own decisions.
Other services we offer:
We offer a range of services and accommodation options to support people as they age including:
- Residential care
- Transitional Care
- Retirement Living Options
- Group Home
- A range of community service programs.
“Thank you so much for all you do. There are not enough words to let you know what your help means to us. We are so blessed to have your care and assistance.” Marilyn, Home Care Customer.