UCWB’s Respite for Carers provides information and support to assist carers in arranging respite services to meet emergency or short term carer needs. We can also provide some planned respite and information sessions to assist carers to navigate the aged care system.
Do you care for an older person?
Responding to the changing needs of the person you care for can mean that life is periodically unsettled and stressful. Respite services are available to help sustain you in your caring role. We support carers living in the northern and western suburbs but can refer you to respite services and supports in your local area if you reside outside of this region.
Our respite services can:
- Provide you with a break from your caring role through short term, in home, residential or out of home respite
- Provide short term transport, domestic assistance or personal care if you are unable to do so for a period of time
- Support you to access personal, financial or family counselling
- Support you to access social and recreational activities including activities that keep you connected to your local community
- Provide advocacy on your behalf
- Provide information, linkage and referral to other services which might best meet your current or longer term needs
- Provide education, wellbeing programs or support to develop coping strategies to assist you during difficult times.
Our services are individually tailored to meet your specific needs and support workers are trained in working with older people.
UCWB accepts referrals from other organisations, health care providers, advocates and family members. People can also refer themselves. We will then assist by guiding people through the necessary steps and Government requirements to ensure their needs are met.
Centre based care features
Types of care
Additional details: Booking service for short term & emergency respite only in residential care; includes programs for young carers, mentally and/or intellectually disabled carers and ageing carers