At Trinder Park there’s a strong sense of community in a beautiful bushland setting with visiting wallabies, community gardens and resident dogs and chickens.
Trinder Park embraces the principles of the Eden Philosophy which encourages a home-like environment featuring pets, plants, indoor gardens and regular visits from local children.
There is a council bus stop within the grounds which ensures easy access to nearby shopping centres and community amenities.
Residents can choose to live in residential aged care or the independent retirement village, conveniently co-located so that you can stay in your aged care community even if your care needs change.
Residential aged care
- a selection of single, shared and single ensuite rooms
- registered nurses available 24 hours per day
- a dementia specific unit and palliative care.
- one and two-bedroom units
- renovated with modern kitchens and bathrooms
- nurse call system
All residents have access to:
- An expansive recreational activity program designed by dedicated activities staff
- Frequent outings to local attractions, the beach, picnics and live concerts
- A fully equipped recreational hall offering indoor bowls, billiards and snooker
- A media room that screens movie greats, the latest DVDs and Wii computer games profiling golf and tennis
- Our onsite allied health service provides physiotherapy, podiatry and massage services to our residents and the broader community.
“At Trinder Park, we encourage residents to play active roles in the day-to-day life of our vibrant community, ranging from staff selection through to menu planning. How and when they choose to get involved is up to them.”
Joanna Thomson, General Manager Trinder Park
Sprawling natural bushland sets the scene for Trinder Park’s acres of landscaping. Wildlife such as wallabies, ducks and parrots are regular visitors. Several areas feature seasonal splashes of colour and there are plenty of spots to sit and observe nature or share a meal with visitors. We believe the garden can be a source of great pleasure. There are plenty of opportunities to get involved in the garden, through pruning plants in the garden beds or tending potted plants.
Nursing home features
- Very large home (156 beds)
- Specialist services: Physiotherapy, speech pathology, podiatry, massage
Types of care
Additional details: Six rental units available through State Government Community Housing Program; pets welcome at Manager's discretion