Christadelphian Aged Care offer a range of accommodation and care to meet the various needs of each resident with respect and dignity:
- residential care is provided to those who can no longer be supported in their own home. Staff are on hand 24 hours each day & assistance is available for personal, showering, medication supervision and specialsed nursing care.
- our Chefs provide freshly prepared meals cooked at each Home using seasonal produce, serving a variety of tasty dishes.
- a wide range of activities and entertainments are offered which are designed to enhance the quality of life of our residents and maximise their mental and physical wellbeing.
- dementia specific care is offered in a safe, supportive environment where residents are free to wander & enjoy secure landscaped outdoor areas.
- a short stay in our Home can be arranged if the person caring for you needs a break from their caring role. Residential respite care can happen on a planned or an emergency basis.
Southhaven Aged Care Facility is nestled in bushland on the banks of Salt Pan Creek in Padstow Heights. This beautiful natural setting creates a quiet living environment away from the noise of the suburbs.
The bushland setting is important to Southhaven. Residents can enjoy the gardens on their own or with family and friends while taking advantage of the various barbecue facilities.
Residents at Southhaven enjoy a busy calendar of events designed to promote an active and healthy lifestyle and encourage social interaction. These include:
- Entertainment, activities, craft classes and singing sessions
- On-site Hairdresser
- Volunteer program
- Pastoral care services available offering emotional and spiritual support to residents and their families
- Multi-denominational church services
- Allied health services
- Bus outings with wheelchair access
- Volunteer and pastoral program
- Wireless internet access
- Diverse activity programs.
As part of our commitment to providing excellent & personalised care, Southhaven Aged Care Facility encourages feedback from residents and families through regular consultation sessions.
Nursing home features
- Large home (140 beds)
- Specialist services: Visiting Optometrist, Dentist, Podiatrist, Speech Pathologist
Types of care
Additional details: Volunteer and Pastoral Care program
These well appointed spacious rooms, laid with good quality linoleum contain 2 single electric beds with access to a 24hr nurse call bell system. The rooms have a double wardrobe, a bedside table with drawers, and an over-bed table. A comfortable chair is provided for you or you may bring your own chair and personal items subject to management approval. High quality bed linen of 160gsm 50/50 poly cotton is provided. All rooms are air-conditioned and have access for a personal phone and TV to be installed. These rooms have shared bathroom facilities. The full length windows in each room provide beautiful tranquil views of the river and surrounding bushland, creating a peaceful atmosphere in which to reside. Sheer curtains allow for maximum light to enter along with sun resistant drapes for night time privacy. All rooms are air-conditioned.
Southhaven sits on the banks of Salt Pan Creek and offers outstanding personalised nursing care. This secure companion room is spacious and features full-length windows that provide beautiful and tranquil views of the river and surrounding bushland. There are wardrobes and personal TVs, and residents are provided with 24-hour dementia-specific care. For more information or to arrange a tour of our Home please call 1800 246 637.