Southern Cross St Michael’s offers an enhanced lifestyle for older people in a relaxed community environment.
The new residential facility is now complete.
All rooms have been constructed with individual ensuites and all have immediate access to gardens or individual outdoor terraces.
The design also features several new satellite kitchens with separate dining rooms, linked to large north and east facing sitting and lounge areas.
The new wing contains an accessible garden courtyard, with elevated garden beds, to enable easy access for people in wheel chairs or with limited mobility.
Set on a hillside, many of the apartments offer expansive views to the surrounding township and the district. The facility is located within a kilometre of the shopping area. The residential facility offers a mix of low and high level care apartments. All low level care apartments have private ensuites.
As a Southern Cross Care (NSW & ACT) residential facility, we ensure:
- Staff are on duty at all times to provide care and assistance to residents.
- Medical services are available from visiting doctors.
- Access to a range of medical & paramedical services eg, physiotherapy, podiatry & allied health.
- A range of in-house activities supported by a Lifestyle Coordinator including exercise programs, fashion parades, barbecues, bus trips & outings, bowls, bingo & happy hour.
- Christian worship services are held in the prayer room on a weekly basis.
- Each apartment is provided with fans, heaters & television points.
- All community areas are fully air-conditioned.
National Respite for Carers Program
Southern Cross Care Community Respite Service offers carers a break from, or assistance with, care. This service is offered in whatever form is most appropriate to the needs of the carer and the person they care for.
Home Care Packages
Home Care is designed to help clients who have been assessed as needing support to remain in their own homes and continue to be part of the broader community.
Services may include:
- Personal care, including bathing, eating, dressing and grooming
- Light housework, including laundry and ironing
- Social support, including shopping
- Preparation of meals
- Respite care
- Transport to and from appointments
- Day therapy – massage, physiotherapy, podiatry, music therapy and diversional therapy.
For further information please contact:
Southern Cross Care (NSW & ACT) on 02 9790 9400.