Southern Cross Village (Parkes Apartments) offers an enhanced lifestyle for older people in a relaxed community environment.
We are located less than one kilometre from the shopping centre. The bus stops at the front entrance of the Village three times per day.
A new 46 unit village and a major upgrade to the existing facility are currently in the planning stage.
The Village includes 54 self contained one and two-bedroom units, located in attractive parkland gardens. Eight units are allocated for pensioner rental.
All units are in excellent condition and a 24-hour emergency call system is in place.
A wide range of activities are held in Federation Hall, including weekly services of Christian worship, carpet bowls, bingo and sing-a-longs.
Residents occupy the independent living units under a formal agreement which ensures security of tenure. Residents are required to pay an affordable fortnightly fee which covers all expenses other than electricity, telephone and personal keep. Our entry contribution arrangements are very reasonable and flexible - we endeavour to negotiate an arrangement to suit each individual.
Supported Living Apartments
The residential care service was recently extended and now offers 42 apartments, including one cluster of 11 apartments specifically designed to cater for older people with special needs, including dementia.
All rooms have private ensuites. Most rooms have a pleasant outlook onto the gardens. As a Southern Cross Care (NSW & ACT) facility, we ensure:
- Staff are on duty at all times to provide care and assistance to residents.
- Medical services are available from visiting doctors.
- Access to a range of medical & paramedical services e.g. visiting doctors, physiotherapy and podiatry.
- A range of in-house activities includes exercise programs, fashion parades, hairdresser, barbecues, bus trips and outings, bowls, bingo and happy hour – all are supported by a Lifestyle Coordinator.
- Christian worship services are held in the chapel on a weekly basis.
- Each apartment is provided with fans, heaters, telephone and television points.
Home Care Packages
Home Care is designed to help clients who have been assessed as needing support to remain in their own homes and continue to be part of the broader community. Services may include:
- Personal care, including bathing, eating, dressing and grooming
- Light housework, including laundry and ironing
- Social support, including shopping
- Preparation of meals
- Respite care
- Transport to and from appointments.
For further information please contact: Southern Cross Care (NSW & ACT) on 02 9790 9400.