Southern Cross Care (Kildare Apartments) offers an enhanced lifestyle for older persons in a relaxed community environment.
The service is very well located just 200 metres from Maroubra Junction Shopping Centre and minutes from the coast. Bus services are available at the frontage on Maroubra Road.
The Village includes one bedroom and two-bedroom self contained units set in a low rise apartment block.
The ILU residents live independently, but can if they choose visit the apartments to access some of the services on offer. All units offer comfortable accommodation and are in good condition. They have generous patios that significantly extend the living space. A 24 hour emergency call system is in place.
Residents occupy the independent living units under a formal agreement which ensures security of tenure.
Residents are required to pay an affordable fortnightly fee which covers all expenses other than electricity, telephone and personal keep. Our entry contribution arrangements are very reasonable and flexible - we endeavour to negotiate an arrangement to suit each individual.
Kildare Supported Living Apartments
- The residential care service is contemporary having only been completed in late 2002. The service offers 24 low level care places, all set around a courtyard garden.
- All apartments have pleasant outlooks.
- Each apartment is provided with a private ensuites, fan, telephone & television points.
- All community areas are fully air-conditioned.
- Staff are on duty at all times to provide care and assistance to residents.
Residents have ready access to a range of medical and paramedical services e.g. visiting Doctors, physiotherapy, aromatherapy and podiatry. Other in-house services include hairdressing & beauty treatments (pedicures, manicures, etc).
There is a wide range of in-house activities supported by a Lifestyle Coordinator, including exercise programs, fashion parades, barbecues, bus trips & outings, Housie, bingo and Happy Hour. Religious services are held in the prayer room on a weekly basis.
Home Care Packages
Home Care is designed to help clients who have been assessed as needing support to remain in their own homes and continue to be part of the broader community.
Services may include:
- Personal care, including bathing, eating, dressing and grooming
- Light housework, including laundry and ironing
- Social support, including shopping
- Preparation of meals
- Respite care
- Transport to and from appointments.
For further information please contact: Southern Cross Care (NSW & ACT) on 02 9790 9400.