Southern Cross Village (Karinya Apartments) offers an enhanced lifestyle for older persons in a relaxed community environment.
We are located less than one kilometre from the shopping centre, and within 400 metres of the hospital.
The Village consists of 40 one and two-bedrooms units located in attractive parklands.
The units are in excellent condition and a 24-hour emergency call system is in place.
Completed in late 2004, this residential care service offers 84 state-of-the-art supported living apartments.
- Most rooms have balconies or patios, many with expansive views across the wheatfields. Others look onto the large courtyard gardens.
- One cluster of 10 apartments is specifically designed to help cater for the needs of older people with special needs, including dementia.
- All rooms have private ensuites.
As a Southern Cross Care (NSW & ACT) residential facility, we ensure:
- Staff are on duty at all times to provide care and assistance to residents.
- Medical services are available from visiting doctors.
- Access to a range of medical and paramedical services eg visiting doctors, physiotherapy and podiatry.
- A range of in-house activities includes exercise programs, fashion parades, hairdresser, barbecues, bus trips and outings, bowls, bingo and happy hour – all are supported by a Lifestyle Coordinator.
- Christian worship services are held in the chapel on a weekly basis.
- Each apartment is provided with fans, heaters, telephone and television points.
- All common areas are fully air conditioned.
Residents occupy independent living units under a formal agreement which ensures security of tenure. Residents are required to pay an affordable fortnightly fee which covers all expenses other than electricity, telephone and personal keep. Our entry contribution arrangements are very reasonable and flexible - we endeavour to negotiate an arrangement to suit each individual.
For further information please contact: Southern Cross Care (NSW & ACT) on 02 9790 9400.