Cardinal Gilroy Village offers an enhanced lifestyle for older persons in a relaxed community environment.
The service is located in a well established residential area, on generous grounds and within minutes drive of Merrylands Shopping Centre and railway station. A bus stop is located just inside the entrance to the Village.
Supported Living Apartments
The residential care service offers a mix of 105 low level care and 30 high level care places in clustered accommodation. The facility is contemporary having been totally rebuilt and/or upgraded since 2001.
- Most apartments have private ensuites and leafy outlooks.
- Each apartment is provided with a fan, telephone & television points.
- All community areas are air-conditioned.
- One cluster of 13 apartments is available for people with special needs, including those with dementia.
- Staff are on duty at all times to provide care and assistance to residents.
- Residents have access to a range of medical & paramedical services e.g. visiting Doctors, physiotherapy, aromatherapy and podiatry.
- Other in-house services include hairdressing.
- There is a wide range of in-house activities supported by a Lifestyle Coordinator, including exercise programs, fashion parades, barbecues, bus trips & outings, bowls, bingo & Happy Hour.
- Christian worship services are held on a regular basis.
Home Care Packages
Home Care is designed to help clients who have been assessed as needing support to remain in their own homes and continue to be part of the broader community.
Services may include:
- Personal care, including bathing, eating, dressing and grooming
- Light housework, including laundry and ironing
- Social support, including shopping
- Preparation of meals
- Respite care
- Transport to and from appointments
- Day therapy – massage, physiotherapy, podiatry, music therapy and diversional therapy.
For further information please contact:
Southern Cross Care (NSW & ACT) on 02 9790 9400.