Resthaven Incorporated has been providing services for older people and their carers since 1935.
Resthaven Respite & Carer Support is available to eligible people in Adelaide Hills, Fleurieu Peninsula, Limestone Coast, Murraylands, Riverland and surrounds.
Respite for carers of older people is provided by trained Resthaven home support workers, tailored to suit your needs.
Support includes in home respite support, centre based extended day individual and group support, and overnight or emergency respite during the week for people who need a break from their caring role.
About Day Respite:
- Centre based individual respite
- Nutritious, home-cooked meals are prepared on site with individual preferences considered
- Interactive social programs focussing on the abilities and interests of the person being cared for.
About Group Respite:
- Centre based group day respite
- Respite social groups include:
- Wellness on Wednesday (Murray Bridge) - enjoy good company and indulge in gentle exercise, relaxation, pampering, guest presenters and outings.
- Armchair Adventurers (Murray Bridge) - Men’s group who enjoy mentally stimulating activities exploring local history and outings.
- Wellness at the Old School (Port Elliot) - carers can enjoy a well deserved break as clients take part in a wellness focused program including gentle exercise, guest speakers and social interaction.
Resthaven Respite & Carer Support Services has several regional locations at:
- 5 King Street, Gawler - Phone: (08) 8526 4700
- 37 Swanport Rd, Murray Bridge - Phone: (08) 8534 2600
- 9 Rankine St, Strathalbyn - Phone: (08) 8536 8737
- 50 North Tce, Port Elliot - Phone: (08) 8574 5111
- 914 Pavy Dr, Naracoorte - Phone: (08) 8762 4389
- 7 Wilson St, Berri - Phone: (08) 8580 1400
- 18 Halcyon Circuit, Aldinga Beach - Phone (08) 8198 2060
- 1-3 Newland Street, Victor Harbor - Phone (08) 8554 5111
Why choose Resthaven?
- Friendly local staff trained in home care, clinical care, and dementia care
- Support for family carers and listen to their views
- Support for people with culturally diverse backgrounds.
Resthaven Community Services also provide Home Care Packages, Wellbeing Services (individual and group therapies), and In Home Support.
For more information, call us or visit our website.
Centre based care features
Types of care
Additional details: Includes short or long term day or overnight respite & social support; in-home respite options