Resthaven Incorporated has been providing services for older people and their carers since 1935.
Resthaven Respite & Carer Support is available to eligible people in Adelaide Hills, Fleurieu Peninsula, Limestone Coast, Murraylands, Riverland and surrounds.
Respite for carers of older people is provided by trained Resthaven home support workers, tailored to suit your needs.
Support includes in home respite support, centre based extended day individual and group support, and overnight or emergency respite during the week for people who need a break from their caring role.
About Day Respite:
- Centre based individual respite
- Nutritious, home-cooked meals are prepared on site with individual preferences considered
- Interactive social programs focussing on the abilities and interests of the person being cared for.
About Group Respite:
- Centre based group day respite
- Respite social groups include:
- Wellness on Wednesday (Murray Bridge) - enjoy good company and indulge in gentle exercise, relaxation, pampering, guest presenters and outings.
- Armchair Adventurers (Murray Bridge) - Men’s group who enjoy mentally stimulating activities exploring local history and outings.
- Wellness at the Old School (Port Elliot) - carers can enjoy a well deserved break as clients take part in a wellness focused program including gentle exercise, guest speakers and social interaction.
Resthaven Respite & Carer Support Services has several regional locations at:
- 37 Swanport Rd, Murray Bridge - Phone: (08) 8534 2600
- 9 Rankine St, Strathalbyn - Phone: (08) 8531 2989
- 50 North Tce, Port Elliot - Phone: (08) 8531 2989
- 914 Pavy Dr, Naracoorte - Phone: (08) 8762 4389
- 60 East Tce, Loxton - Phone: (08) 8584 5866
Why choose Resthaven?
- friendly local staff trained in home care, clinical care, and dementia care
- support for family carers and listen to their views
- support for people with culturally diverse backgrounds.
Resthaven Community Services also provide Home Care Packages, Wellbeing Services (individual and group therapies), and In Home Support.
For more information, call us or visit our website.
Centre based care features
Types of care
Additional details: Includes short or long term day or overnight respite & social support; in-home respite options
Home and community care availability
Resthaven offers respite support for carers of older people living at home in regional South Australia, including the Adelaide Hills, Murraylands, Gawler and lower Barossa regions, Limestone Coast, Mount Gambier, Fleurieu and the Riverland.
Everyone needs a little time out now and then; this is known as respite. Choose from in home or centre-based day or overnight individual or group support, depending on your region and personal preferences.
Respite support may be just a few hours a day or longer periods. It may be offered at home, at a respite cottage or centre during the day and in some services, overnight for several nights, or in residential aged care accommodation.
Come and try our group day respite programs that provide social opportunities and integrate wellness features such as gentle excercise.
Emergency respite is available upon request.
We welcome enquiries. Please call our friendly staff for more details on 1300 13 66 33 (for the cost of a local call). You will be directed to the closest Resthaven office to assist you.
Overnight respite with 24/7 staffing may be booked in Resthaven’s overnight respite cottage at Naracoorte (phone 8762 4389).
Alternatively, residential respite accommodation is offered at all Resthaven residential aged care homes. Specific eligibility criteria applies for residential respite. Bookings are essential – phone 8373 9175.