Parkdale Aged Care is nestled in a beautiful tree lined street just off Beach Road in Melbourne’s Bayside area and boasts 180 degree breathtaking views over Port Philip Bay to the Mornington Peninsula and Bayside area.
Our home comprises of 60 beds and provides comfortable homelike accommodation. Large single rooms with ensuite bathrooms are available, with double rooms with ensuite bathrooms offered for couples accommodation (emergency call bells in all rooms).
Parkdale Aged Care is designed on two levels with easy accessibility to all public areas and delightful courtyards offering safe external areas for our residents to enjoy.
Residents and families are encouraged to decorate their room with memorabilia and familiar furnishings....treasures from a lifetime make a house a home!
Our activity programs are designed to cater for individual residents as well as participation in small groups; they are designed to preserve the privacy, dignity, skills, memory and independence of our residents, Activities are based on encouraging friendships and fun amongst the people living at Parkdale Aged Care.
Some programs which assist in keeping our residents active and engaged include:
- Volunteers program supporting our residents
- Music, art and crafts
- Cooking demonstrations
- Trips and outings to various places of interest
- Gardening group
- Reminiscence and sensory groups
- Game: Bingo, cards, bowls, newspaper reading, crosswords, floral and more
- Music therapy and pet therapy
- Café walks and beach walks
- Daily exercises to music.
We’ve created a home environment for all that live at Parkdale Aged Care and offer:
- 24 hour Registered Nurse (Div 1 & Div 2) on duty and qualified care staff
- Safe & secure surroundings
- Flexible emergency & short term respite
- Palliative care
- Massage, physiotherapy and access to Allied Health Professionals
- Onsite parking for visitors
- Day program.