Ozcare Malanda combines the best of rural living with the care and comfort that comes from living at an aged care facility. Located in township of Malanda on the Atherton Tablelands of North Queensland between Cairns and Innisfail, the Ozcare Malanda facility is a fine example of the successful integration of aged care with a local close-knit rural community.
Enjoy the warm tropical climate and wildlife of North Queensland and walk through the landscaped gardens or neighbouring rainforest, relax on your own shaded verandah or go indoors and enjoy spacious lounge and sitting areas.
Multiple well appointed, stylish common areas are open for everyone to enjoy. Watch a movie on our large screen TVs, get lost in a good book from our library, take a break in one of the quiet rooms, use the internet on one of our computers, get your hair cut at the hairdressing salon, relax in the lounge with tea and coffee making facilities or head outside to enjoy our extensive grounds with BBQ facilities, sitting areas, gazebos, gardens and walking paths.
On special occasions, take a trip outside the centre on our small bus or join in on the festivities held every month - there’s always something to do, and a friendly smile from the people there to help you.
We offer the highest possible standard of aged care and cater for a wide variety of needs. All residents have access to:
- Physiotherapists, Psychologists, Podiatrists, Dietitians, Speech Pathologist, Dentist, Optometrist and Hairdresser (fees apply in some cases)
- Secure special care and accommodation for married couples
- Meals and refreshments – meals are cooked on site and the menu reflects the use of fresh local produce to deliver nutritious and delicious meals which cater to all special dietary requirements
- Assistance with daily living (washing, grooming, continence management, mobility assistance, checking hearing aids, cleaning spectacles, eating and using utensils, including feeding if necessary)
- Administration of medications, injections, oxygen treatment, wound care, simple dressing materials and stoma care
- Emotional support in adjusting to the new living environment such as access to chaplains, church services, community visitors and appropriate health professionals
- A diverse range of programs and social activities
- A library with newspapers and books
- Laundry services, postal services, cleaning and maintenance
- 24 hour emergency assistance
- Telephones, Televisions, VCR, CD and DVD players.
To find out more about our room options, including prices and photos or how to apply, please contact us by phone or email or visit out website.
Nursing home features
Types of care
- Residential aged care