Jewish Care (Victoria) Inc was established through the amalgamation of Jewish Community Services and Montefiore Homes for the Aged, two highly respected and successful organisations that have served the Victorian Jewish community for more than 150 years.
The organisation provides a vital 'whole-of-life' range of professional care, services and facilities for members of the community requiring support and assistance.
Jewish Care provides residential care and respite for the elderly in a uniquely Jewish and welcoming environment. Our facilities have caring staff on duty 24 hours a day.
All our facilities are Commonwealth accredited, serve kosher meals and hold religious and festival celebrations.
Our Jewish Care services and programs include:
- social and recreational activities
- health and fitness classes
- allied medical services such as podiatry, dentistry, occupational therapy and physiotherapy
- counselling, family therapy, group support and advocacy
- specialist services and programs for Holocaust survivors and their families
- home care service offering household cleaning, food preparation, shopping and carers for frail people.
Nursing home features
Types of care
Additional details: Non-Jewish residents are very welcome; concessional/supported residents accepted.