Mercy Health Bethlehem Home for the Aged has been a part of the historic Bendigo community since 1965. This newly redeveloped home has specialist services for a range of care needs including residents living with dementia or memory loss.
The home is serviced by a network of allied health services including physiotherapy, audiology and dentistry.
You’ll also enjoy a varied menu of fresh and nutritious meals prepared in our kitchen and catering to specific dietary requirements. It's your home so you're able to come & go as you please. We're here to assist you live your life easily and safely.
Talk to our resident liaison officer to discuss how we can best care for you or your loved ones.
Our home's features include
- Single room and ensuite bathroom
- Reverse cycle air conditioner with individual thermostat control in your room
- The latest equipment and technology to ensure safety and security
- Communal living areas and internal landscaped courtyards to entertain visitors
- Nutritious meals cooked right here in our kitchen
- Easy access to your local community with public transport located nearby
- Community bus for shopping trips and outings
- Library stocked with favourite reads
- Our chapel gives residents, their family and friends quiet time for reflection and meditation
- A laundry service is available onsite
- Feel your best with a hair salon conveniently located in the home.
Living life your way at Mercy Health Bethlehem Home for the Aged
Your life at Mercy Health will be varied and personalised. You may wish to select activities from the extensive lifestyle program such as outings, concerts, indoor bowls, gardening, craft groups, cooking, a visiting library service, and more. Your family and friends are welcome to visit you at your Mercy Health home at any time.
We care for people physically, socially, emotionally and spiritually - our aim is to make each day the best day possible for you.
Sharing your life story
We value your life story, knowing this is what makes you the person you are today. Mercy Health residents are encouraged to capture their life stories. We connect our residents with the community and their families to record their lives – with as much or as little information they wish to share – and create a presentation for Mercy employees, their families and friends.
A great reminiscence tool, the project provides the care team with the knowledge about the residents, which enables them to create meaningful conversations, build relationships and treat the person as an individual.
We're here to help. Contact us now to book a tour.