For more than 20 years, James Barker House Aged Care Centre in Footscray has provided aged care services within the community, specialising in providing residential aged care for all people, specifically the marginalised and homeless, or those who are at risk of becoming homeless. Specialised programs have also been created for people whose lifestyle is adversely impacted by alcohol and tobacco usage, to uphold their wellbeing and dignity and support them in living a healthy and independent life.
- Fully accredited and government approved aged care centre
- All levels of care offered including respite care, permanent care, memory support and palliative care
- Person-centred model of care, with personalised care plans tailored for each resident's needs
- Mental and behavioural health programs
- NDIS services and support are available only to residents of the Centre
- Single rooms with private ensuites for each resident
- 24-hour on-site nursing staff
- Dedicated theatre room and hairdressing salon available
- Pets available for residents to enjoy
- Full-time Salvation Army Chaplain onsite
- Seasonally rotating menus and meals freshly prepared by a professional catering team
- Fitness and wellbeing programs
Nursing home features
- Large home (120 beds)
- Specialist services: Allied Health Services such as Osteopathy, Physiotherapy, Podiatry Services, Occupational Therapy, Speech Therapy, Optometrist, Audiologist
Types of care
Additional details: Care for socially/financially disadvantaged residents or homeless/at risk of homelessness
Each of the 120 spacious rooms has a nurse call facility, electronically adjustable beds, ceiling fan, central heating, double glazed, lockable windows, lockable bedside table, overhead bed light, armchair, flat screen television, en suite (commode and shower seat are also available), lockable cabinet, and built in wardrobe. There is also space for residents wishing to bring in smaller items of their own furniture. All rooms are covered by the air conditioning throughout the James Barker House complex. Residents can elect to have Foxtel, broadband internet access and private phone through Telstra contacts.
Many of the ground floor rooms and all of the first floor rooms have scenic views of the grounds, water features, courtyards and gardens, etc. The first floor rooms have access to communal balconies that also receive sun and shade in due time and season.
We currently have vacancies at our Centre. For more information please contact our friendly team on (03) 9283 4000.