The Italo-Australian Welfare & Cultural Centre Inc (IAWCC) has been a peak organisation in the Italian community since its inception in 1956, and over the years it has helped many thousands of people through its charitable fundraising events and through the many educational, welfare and cultural programs and social activities which are offered for the benefit of both the Italian & Australian Communities.
Some of the services offered by the Italo-Australian Welfare & Cultural Centre include:
- The delivery of many social welfare services to the aged, women and youth, including the dissemination of culturally appropriate information on matters of health care and other areas of need;
- Counselling/casework/advocacy/referral work;
- Seminars/training workshop sessions/open forum information sessions, including cultural briefings;
- Visitation programs including the “Community Visitors Scheme (CVS) & Expansion Program” and the “Home Visitors Scheme”;
- Home Care Packages (HCP) to assist with the provision of a range of services to elderly people in their own homes; and
- Aged Care Service Improvement and Healthy Ageing Programs (ACSIHAP);
- Emergency Relief (ER) Program; and
- Support referral services for people with diabetes.
Please contact us for more information.