The situation can be even more difficult for people who are on their own or where family are interstate and not available to help.
There are so many things to organise when moving house or into an aged care facility. Many people who are moving need packers, sorters, de-clutterers, removalists, unpackers, assistants, confidants, coordinators, cleaners and gardeners all rolled into one.
The emotional stress that comes with moving house and coordinating the move can be overwhelming.
Finding professional assistance, like from a professional relocation business, may help alleviate all the emotional and physical work involved in relocating yourself, a loved one or friend into an aged care facility.
Professional relocation businesses can often help you with:
- De-cluttering and sorting through household contents and personal possessions
- Sorting the saleable items, identifying valuables, determining items to be discarded, compiling all documents
- Compiling an inventory of the contents and arranging valuations
- Relocating into alternative accommodation
- Clearing the home or unit prior to sale or tenancy termination
- Gathering bequeathed items, photographs and memorabilia
- Delivering valuables, financial, legal and personal papers to the appropriate person
- Delivering unsaleable goods to various charities
- Removing all rubbish items from the entire property
- Coordinating real estate agents, auction house, cleaners, gardeners, repairs and all other services
- Unpacking your belongings in your new home and put furniture in position
- Installation of electronic devices like a TV or computer and hang pictures.
If you need help, speak with your case manager, social worker, placement consultant or contact a business that specialises in practical assistance with all aspects of relocating.