Life at George Vowell is all about living large – from the eight hectare property to the expansive gardens, large rooms, open lounges and wide corridors. Matching the grand scale of the facilities is Japara’s renowned first class quality of care.
Recently refurbished, this is a modern residence designed to significantly raise the standard of aged care for the Mt Eliza community. Some suites feature separate lounge areas, walk-in wardrobes and private balconies, all carefully designed for comfort and convenience.
Our engaging lifestyle program is tailored to each resident, from bus trips to barbecues and movies in our own theatre. Our location provides the ideal place to continue living within this friendly and picturesque pocket of the Peninsula.
- 24 hour care, with Registered Nurses onsite 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- Specialised, secure environment for those living with dementia
- Palliative care
- Caring, committed, compassionate staff
- Individualised care and therapy plans
- Respite and permanent care available
- Your own doctor or specialist
- Chef cooked & prepared nutritious and delicious meals.
- Private or shared room accommodation available, all with private ensuites and garden views
- Relaxing day rooms, lounges and dining areas
- Beautiful secure courtyards and gardens
- Theatre room
Activities and services:
- Personalised lifestyle program, seven days a week
- Regular group and individual outings and community activities
- Bus outings
- Men’s Group to promote bonding and wellbeing
- Audiometry and audiology
- Dental technician and dentist
- Physiotherapy and physio-aides
- Speech therapy
- Spiritual and pastoral guidance
- Signature by Japara Silver packages available
- Signature by Japara Wellness Package available.
Nursing home features
- Large home (124 beds)
Types of care