Feros Village Wommin Bay is just 500 metres from the beach at Kingscliff. Residents can enjoy a wide range of services including assistance with daily living and some nursing care, as well as extra support for people with dementia.
Feros Village Wommin Bay has sports fields and a club next door, while the vibrant café and restaurant strip of Kingscliff is just minutes away.
There are six cottages set among pretty gardens and a barbecue area with a central services building, all linked by wide pathways.
Each cottage has between 10 and 20 private rooms with ensuites. The cottages also have central style family dining and lounge rooms with comfortable couches to enjoy television, DVDs or books.
You’ll feel instantly at home, with rooms complete with furniture, linen, towels, drapery, air conditioning and access to a patio and gardens. You’re also more than welcome to add your own decorating touches.
For your peace of mind, rooms are equipped with emergency call bells that can alert staff 24 hours a day seven days a week.
The village has a spacious community room which is the hub for celebrations, events and regular activities that include exercise classes, Tai Chi, carpet bowls, quizzes, reading groups, art classes, gardening groups and movie afternoons. We also have a team of volunteers who join in the fun and share interests and hobbies with residents.
The village also has an on-site hair salon for hair and beauty services.
The Feros Care Difference
- A key feature of our villages is that we allow our residents to keep pets (when appropriate), and we also have some animals that belong to the whole village. In our experience, animals can be very therapeutic and add some interest and variety to daily life.
- Delicious and nutritious meals are prepared on-site for you every day. We source many of our ingredients from local growers and producers to ensure everything is as fresh as possible, and we’re more than happy to cater for people with special diets.
- Staying connected with the wider community is something we actively encourage. If you’re a member of a club, enjoy social events, or just want to catch up with a friend, you’re welcome to come and go as you please.
- Family and friends are always welcome and are a part of our village community. Your visitors can even book in and share a meal at the village.
- Each village has a ‘positive living team’ whose role it is to help you stay as active and socially engaged as possible.
- All our villages provide access to high speed wireless internet that is available to everyone to help keep you connected with health practitioners, friends and family, and the wider world.
- All of our villages offer respite care. Applicants for respite are assessed by an Aged Care Assessment Team.
- The Government calculates and regulates maximum daily fees and payments, taking into account your particular circumstances.