Southern Cross Care (SA & NT) The Pines Lodge
The two storey 144 bed lPines Lodge is regarded as Australia’s most modern and up-to-date aged care establishment and totally replaces Southern Cross Care’s first major caring facility, which opened in 1976.
The Pines Lodge is directly across the road from Bucklands, a major $18 million nursing home that opened in 2004, giving Southern Cross Care two adjacent facilities that cater for both high and low care needs, allowing residents the peace of mind to age in place.
The Pines Lodge, which incorporates two buildings, sets a new standard in aged care and offers every conceivable facility that senior citizens need. It’s spacious, uses warm pastel colours, is secured by garden walls and modern and attractive fencing, is set in a garden-like environment, and makes maximum use of natural light.
Each private room has its own ensuite, individually controlled air conditioning, and three nurse call buttons – one in the bedroom and two in the bathroom - while the communal areas are second to none.
With particularly generous rooms – each with leafy views over gardens, The Pines Lodge offers residents a state-of-the-art facility with a tranquil, relaxing and very serene living environment, both indoors and outdoors.
A typical room plan is pictured on the right.
- Resident and staff friendly environment with plenty of space and light
- Inviting, weather protected entrance
- State of the art design purpose built for now and the future
- Large, airy, well lit rooms and amenities
- Technologically advanced rooms to facilitate the quick response by staff to resident requests
- Four large and bright dining rooms, plus private dining areas where residents can invite family and friends
- Adjoining rooms for couples
- All rooms with private ensuites
- One massive recreational area (including the latest in audio visual equipment)
- A variety of lounges from large to intimate in size
- Inviting coffee shop, ‘The Courtyard Café’ with an al fresco dining area
- Quiet and intimate social areas
- Dedicated chapel in a serene environment
- Hairdressing salon
- Clinical and medical rooms, physiotherapy and rehabilitation areas, a spa for hydrotherapy treatments
- Library and internet facilities
- Enchanting atrium gardens
- Landscaped and secured walled and fenced gardens
- Leafy courtyards and balconies where residents can chose to dine or have morning and afternoon teas.
Government subsidised aged care
144 beds. 2 are respite beds. 64 beds cater for secure dementia.
Chapel / Church, Café / Kiosk, Facility transport, Hairdressing salon.
These services are operated by Southern Cross Care (SA & NT) Inc.
Vacancy details have not been provided today
To enquire about a bed / room vacancy or other services please send a message using the "Send Enquiry" tab.
Australia's largest selection of vacancies
Take a look at the huge selection in the vacancies area:
Writing your message
Dear Sir or Madam / To whom it may concern, (very formal if you don't know the person whom you are emailing)
- Giving reference
Regarding your services on the DPS Guide website ...
- Requesting information
After the reference, add a comma and continue -
[Reference], could you please send me ...
- Requesting further information
I would also like to know ...
Could you tell me whether ...
Yours faithfully / Kind regards ...