Located in the heart of Hunter Valley wine country, Calvary Cessnock Retirement Community offers quality care accommodation to 296 residents across two residential care sites: Bimbadeen and Nulkaba.
Bimbadeen Residential Care accommodates 80 residents in a contemporary, home-like environment and also offers respite accommodation services. Residents are housed in single rooms in one of four lodges: Mount View (16 beds), Watagan (24 beds), Windemere (24 beds) and Mulbring (16 beds). Rooms are generous in size, each with an ensuite. Each lodge has a spacious lounge/dining area plus separate lounges/quiet rooms in each area. Two lodges, Mount View and Mulbring offer secure, dementia specific accommodation.
Nulkaba Residential Care offers contemporary accommodation for 216 residents and offers respite accommodation too. Residents are accommodated in one of eight lodges which contain a mixture of single and double rooms. Nulkaba offers 96 secure dementia specific accommodation places.
Calvary Cessnock offers:
- Qualified care staff
- Access to medical coverage when required
- Physiotherapy assistants who facilitate specialised physiotherapy care designed to maintain mobility
- Recreational activity officers who design individual and group activity programs aimed at encouraging enjoyment, rehabilitation and promotion of self esteem.
- Qualified pastoral care staff who care for residents’ spiritual and emotional needs
- Chaplain who conducts a weekly ecumenical church service
- Ministers of various denominations who can visit on request and minister to each resident’s particular spiritual needs
- Hairdressing salon plus a qualified hairdresser who is available by appointment
- Specialised menu catering to varied tastes and offering a wide choice of meals
- Secure building.
To enquire about living in Calvary Cessnock Retirement Community, please free call 1800 222 000.
Nursing home features
- Very large home (296 beds)