Australian Multicultural Community Services (AMCS) is a charitable organisation providing help at home and other support services to seniors and their carers across Melbourne and Greater Geelong.
Whilst we support all eligible seniors, AMCS has provided culturally appropriate services to seniors from multicultural communities for the last 34 years. AMCS provide a range of services to ensure seniors continue to live independently in their own home and stay connected with the people/communities they know and love.
AMCS services include:
- Personal care (assisting with showering, personal grooming, medication reminders)
- Social support (companionship, interests and community activities)
- Home care (laundry, cleaning and shopping on behalf of the client)
- Nursing care by a qualified Registered Nurse (range of assessment, clinical referrals, medication management)
- Post hospital care
- Transport to medical appointments, activities and shopping
- Minor home modification and garden maintenance services
- Personal alarm
- Pet care
- Cultural meal preparation
- Care management, advocacy, advice and support as required
- 24 hour on-call support
- Other – if something can be done, we promise to do everything possible to make it happen.
We endeavour to match our clients with appropriate bilingual support workers who speak the same language, taking into consideration culture, personality, gender and skills required. Our focus is on creating trusting relationships between clients and support workers & we understand that effective communication is a vital part of this. AMCS provides high quality care service respecting our client choices, individuality and lifestyle.
AMCS have over 100 friendly bilingual staff who understand your culture and language. We continue to grow our bilingual staff contingency to serve expanding ethnic communities.
We also have an office in Geelong:
Suite 6, 79 High St, Belmont VIC 3216, telephone: (03) 5241 2446
To arrange home care, please call us on (03) 8371 2301 or send us an email by clicking on the 'Send a Message' button above the map.
In home care features
Types of care
Additional details: Services for aged/financially disadvantaged LGBTIQ & NESB clients