The Australian Multicultural Community Services (AMCS) is a charitable organisation providing help at home and other support services to seniors and their carers across Melbourne and Greater Geelong.
AMCS has offered culturally appropriate support services to seniors from multicultural communities for the last 30 years. AMCS supports seniors and their families with a range of services to ensure they continue to live independently in the home and stay connected with the people and communities they know and love.
The services AMCS provides include:
- Personal care (assisting with showering, personal grooming, medication reminders)
- Social support (companionship, interests and community activities)
- Home care (laundry, cleaning and shopping on behalf of the client)
- Nursing care by a qualified registered nurse (range of assessment, clinical referrals, medication management)
- Post hospital care
- Transport to medical appointments, activities and shopping
- Minor home modification and garden maintenance services
- Personal alarm
- Pet care
- Cultural meal preparation
- Care management, advocacy, advice and support as required
- 24 hour on-call support
- Other – if something can be done, we promise to do everything possible to make it happen
We endeavour to match our clients with appropriate bilingual support workers who speak the same language, taking into consideration culture, personality, gender and skills required. Our focus is on creating trusting relationships between clients and support workers & we understand that effective communication is a vital part of this. AMCS provides high quality care service respecting our client choices, individuality and lifestyle.
AMCS have over 85 friendly bilingual staff who understand your culture and language. We continue to grow our bilingual staff contingency to serve expanding ethnic communities.
We also have an office in Geelong:
Unit 16, 111 Pakington St, Geelong West VIC 3218
T: (03) 5229 5708 F: (03) 5224 1841
To arrange Home Care, please call us on (03) 8371 2301 or send us an email by clicking on the 'Send a Message' button above the map.