What Does AccessCare Southern do?
Our experienced, professionally qualified staff work closely with clients, their partners, family members, friends, other community services and Government.
Our Case Managers and Planners can:
- Access, organise and coordinate the care and support needed for people to live at home
- Provide funded ‘packages of care’ to eligible people, within the limits of available finances
- Support and provide practical assistance and organise relief for carers
- Help clients and carers plan for and make decisions about their future
- Advocate for clients in their dealings with other people or services
- Assist clients to stay active at home and in their local community
- Link people with social, educational and work opportunities
- Provide information about the wide range of support available to maintain optimal health and wellbeing.
How to get assistance
Anyone can make an enquiry by telephone, in writing or in person. People can refer themselves or they can be referred by a doctor, other health professional, a family member or friend. Referrals to Home Care Packages (HCPs) Levels 1 to 4 also need a referral from an Aged Care Assessment Service.
Culture and language
Our staff are sensitive to and respectful of, people of various cultural backgrounds and language groups. We try to cater for the particular needs of individuals, working closely with specialist services as necessary. Interpreters can be arranged if needed.