The nominations for the inaugural LASA Excellence in Age Services Awards 2018 are now open and will recognise nominees across three categories on both a state and national level.
LASA Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Sean Rooney says the awards will celebrate and showcase the significant contributions being made to improving the quality of life of older Australians as well as promoting community involvement in age services.
He adds that the industry has countless professionals, staff, volunteers and organisations who typically don’t look for praise or recognition.
“The awards celebrate the passion and achievements of organisations, teams and individuals in the service of older Australians,” Mr Rooney says.
“It is the dedication and professionalism of these individuals and organisations that make up the backbone of our industry.”
The awards will be judged at a state level across a number of categories, with the winners from each state progressing as finalists to the national awards which will be announced at the LASA National Congress in October next year.
Award categories for the inaugural 2018 awards include:
- Organisation - Recognising an age services provider who has made an outstanding contribution to care and services development or provision of high level support to the aged by demonstrating leadership, innovation and excellence
- Team - recognising a team, working within the age services sector, that has created an environment that encourages workplace diversity, positive workplace culture and increased staff well-being through development of a service or process or has used innovation and initiative to improve the lives of older people and improve the age services experience
- Individual - This award recognises an individual who has made an outstanding contribution to the age services sector, has used innovation and initiative to improve the lives of older people, and has delivered high quality care to the aged
Deadlines for state nominations are:
- South Australia and Victoria - 5pm Friday, 12 January 2018
- Queensland - 5pm Friday, 16 February 2018
- New South Wales, ACT and Western Australia - 5pm Friday, 11 May
Nominations can be made and more information on the awards can be found online.