- Organisation Award – Old Colonists Association of Victoria
- Team Award – Wellness and Reablement Team, Bolton Clarke
- Individual Award – Ryan Rodrigues (CraigCare)
- Rising Star - Matiu Bush (Bolton Clarke)
South Australia/Northern Territory winners:
- Organisation Award – Uniting Communities
- Team Award – Port Lincoln Home & Community Aged Care team
- Individual Award – Moti Naral (My Care Solution)
- Rising Star - Bill Papazafiropoulos (Ridleyton Greek Home for the Aged)
LASA Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Sean Rooney says the achievements by organisations, teams and individuals highlight the dedication of an industry passionate about providing quality care for older Australians.
“Our industry has countless passionate professionals, volunteers and organisations who don’t generally look for thanks or praise. It is their dedication and professionalism that make up the backbone of our industry,” Mr Rooney says.
“I congratulate all the nominees, finalists and winners of LASA’s 2019 Excellence in Care Awards for their outstanding efforts and the contributions they make daily, not only to our industry, but to the lives of the older Australians they care for.”
Sponsored by HESTA, LASA’s 2019 Excellence in Care Award nominations were reviewed by a panel of industry experts, with State award-winners to progress as finalists to the national awards, presented at LASA’s National Congress in Adelaide from 27-29 October.