Led by IQPC, the awards were announced alongside drinks, canapes, dinner and entertainment as well as the event’s expo and conference, which ran from 21-22 March.
IQPC thanked all their 2018 attendees, judging panel, award sponsors and guest MC Peter FitzSimmons for “making this year’s Excellence Awards and Dinner Evening a huge success.”
They also shared their congratulations to “all the 2018 Australian Healthcare Week Excellence Award winners”.
The winners were nationwide and spread out across six categories and judged by members of the Judging Panel.
Award categories and winners of the inaugural awards include:
- Healthcare CEO of the Year Award - Adrian Pennington, Wide Bay Hospital and Health Service
- Best Hospital Development Project Award - St John of God Berwick Hospital
- Aged Care CEO of the Year Award - William Appleby, Jewish Care (Victoria) Inc
- Best Aged Care Facility Award - The Village by Scalabrini, operated by Scalabrini Village Ltd
- Best Digital Transformation Project Award - Digital Hospital Project Team, Metro South Health, Queensland
- Nurse of the Year Award - Judith Smith, University of Technology, Sydney
A number of Honorary Mentions were also named as part of the awards.
Winner of Aged Care CEO of the Year Award, Jewish Care’s William Appleby took to Twitter to share his success in the inaugural awards.
“I am honoured by this recognition from Australian HealthCare Week as recipient of the 2018 Aged Care CEO of the Year,” he says.
“Ultimately, this is a team award as I could not achieve our organisation’s transformation without the great people around me. Thank you all!”