Assistive technology is any piece of equipment or device that allows an individual to perform a task that they would otherwise be unable to do, or to assist them to do things more easily or safely.
Assistive technology can help people to learn, work, socialise, play, achieve independence or simply get more out of life. More specifically, assistive equipment can help people to do everyday things like:
- Prepare their own meal and eat or drink independently
- Sit comfortably and safely
- Move around with greater independence
- Manage their own personal care activities such as bathing
- Participate in recreational activities
- Assist with caring for loved ones
- Have improved access to the community
- Communicate with others
- Feel safer and more independent in their own home.
Indigo's experienced customer service officers and health professionals can provide information and advice to help people choose and access the most appropriate equipment and technology to support greater independence and improved wellbeing.
In addition, Indigo provides allied health services in the home, including assessment, prescription, training and support to use assistive equipment and technology that will enable people to better manage tasks in the home or wider community.
Products, Equipment and Technology
- Available in WA
- Assistive equipment
- Assistive technology
- Communication equipment
- Disability equipment
- Home modification products
- Mobility equipment
- Modern technologies
- Personal alarm monitors
- Safety & security
- Vehicle modifications