Community Based Support, or CBS as we are more commonly known, is a Tasmanian, not-for-profit organisation that has been supporting people to remain living independently at home since 1988!
We are very proud of the fact that we are Tasmanian owned and operated and we believe that this has gone a long way in helping us understand the needs of our fellow Tasmanian's.
CBS provides Home Maintenance services to people aged 65 and over.
Home Maintenance services covers a wide range of small repair and maintenance tasks in the home including things such as:
- repair and replacement of taps and tap washers
- repair and replacement of door and window locks
- minor repair of doors, furniture and walls
- repair of cupboards and drawers
- installation of shelves
- replacement of toilet seats
- installation of battery operated smoke alarms
- installation of key safes
- other minor household repairs and maintenance tasks.
Our goal in providing this service to you is to assist in making your home safe and accessible, so you can continue to live the life you choose in the place you love.
If you have a job for a handyman, please give us a call.
In home care features
Types of care
Additional details: Home maintenance services are available statewide for people aged 64 & under; for people aged 65 & over, services are available in southern Tasmania only. Due to high demand for this services, there is sometimes a waitlist.