- Information and referral on general issues concerning ageing, people living with a disability, their families and carers.
- Information to assist older people and people living with disability to live independently in their own homes.
- Information on aged care facilities including current vacancies and costs. Aims to assist clients to obtain accommodation on a long term or respite basis.
- Ageing SA: provides case management service to assist with options and placements in aged care, respite care and understanding costs in aged care.
- Information and seminars on housing options including retirement village accommodation (rental, entry contribution and resident funded units). Retirement Accommodation Directory and vacancy registers available for these accommodation types.
- Referral to appropriate complaints agencies regarding residential care, retirement villages, home support, aged care and other services.
- SIS Information Sessions: a variety of Information seminars on topics related to Financial Planning for Retirement, Estate Planning, Retirement Housing, Understanding Aged Care Costs and Navigating Commonwealth Home Support System.
LGBTI Community services including:
- Supporting the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Intersex (LGBTI) community over 50 years through information.
- LGBTI Hub activities providing social connection and activities/events including, monthly community dinners, monthly movie afternoon, drop-in and info sessions.
- LGBTI Professional Development Sessions for organisations and individuals on sensitivity and awareness, working with LGBTI people and building an inclusive service.
SIS Social Centre
- Number of activities for social connection and skills such as Yarners Group, Board Games, Book Club, Budget Cooking and more.
- Legal Service: low cost Legal Services Clinic by appointment. Assisting people with legal matters such as Wills, Power of Attorney and Advanced Care Directives.
- Tax Help: trained volunteers can assist eligible members of the public to complete simple tax returns at no charge. Available August - September, by appointment.
Technology Training Sessions including:
- Computer Training Course: running for four weeks (three hours per week) training course for community members to become more familiar with using computers. Internet Security including how to shop and bank online safely.
- Seniors Internet Lounge: free internet access for older people and people with a disability. Information and training in computer skills, tablets (such as iPads and Androids) and smartphones.
Information and Services:
- Information to assist people from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander (ATSI) community.
- Provision of speakers to community groups on topics relating to ageing, disability and lifestyle.
- Justice of the Peace service available, by appointment.
- Information to assist people from non English speaking backgrounds, using the Translating & Interpreting Service (TIS) SIS staff and volunteers who have access to over 19 languages.
- Information to assist people with a hearing impairment using the National Relay Service.
- Fact sheets on health and wellbeing, housing options, care and support options, legal or financial issues and lifestyle.
- Services and programs tailored to ageing and disability.
- Host of the annual Disability, Ageing and Lifestyle Expo.