The Aged Rights Advocacy Service (ARAS) assists older people or their representatives to be involved in decision making and to exercise their rights:
- Where they have concerns about the quality of aged care services provided in residential care or the community, or
- They have concerns about their residency in a Retirement Village, or
- Their safety and wellbeing are at risk of being abused by someone they should be able to trust.
- Information about rights, entitlements, and assistance to exercise those rights
- Support to speak up or we can speak for you to service providers and other agencies
- Information and education sessions for groups
- Free, confidential, independent advocacy assistance.
For more information contact our office by telephone:
(08) 8232 5377 or 1800 700 600 (Country callers only),
fax or email.
ARAS is supported by funding from the Australian Government
and Office for the Ageing SA Health.