At UnitingSA, we understand that as you get older you may want some help maintaining your quality of life.
We’re here to help you live independently in your own home for as long as possible.
We’ll work with you to design a package of services that responds to your needs, freedoms and wishes.
How does it work?
- First, you’ll need to contact My Aged Care on 1800 200 422 and arrange an assessment by an Aged Care Assessment Team (ACAT).
- The ACAT assessment will determine the level of support you can receive.
We understand that it can be complex. But there’s no need to worry — we’re here to guide you through the process, so get in touch if you need support.
What will you receive?
- A package of services designed by you and delivered by friendly, familiar staff
- A flexible professional service
- A monthly service statement identifying your budget and services provided
- Experienced advisors supporting you to maintain control of your life
- Language and cultural support.
Here’s a sample of the types of services we can provide to support you:
- Home help: Housework, cleaning, laundry, home maintenance and gardening.
- Nursing and allied health: Assistance and advice with mobility, medication management, home modifications, continence management, wound care, dementia care, palliative care, and consultation with a Nurse Practitioner.
- Personal care and hygiene: Bathing and dressing, including access to home hairdressing, and hospital-at-home support.
- Equipment: Mobility, bathroom or personal aids.
- Meal preparation: Cooking and overseeing dietary requirements.
- Social support: Outings and excursions as well as maintaining family and community links.
- Shopping: Assistance to get the things you need.
- Transport: Assistance to attend appointments and community activities.
- Pet care: Dog walking, cat care and vet appointments.
- Respite care: Short term residential care.
- Self-funded services: Fee-for-service is available for those who are ineligible for government funding.
To find out about all of our services, call our friendly team on (08) 8449 7085.
Established in 1919, UnitingSA is a not-for-profit organisation all about personalised aged care experiences.
Home care package (HCP)
Types of care
Servicing the following LGAs / council districts
In home care features
Types of care
Additional details: Phone: (08) 8241 0201; includes services for NESB clients in metropolitan Adelaide, the Riverland & Whyalla areas