Welcome to Uniting AgeWell Latrobe Community, Strathdevon, our well established and close-knit residence south of Devonport.
Our Latrobe Community aged care residence in North West Tasmania has undergone an expansion and renovation to provide more high quality care to seniors, enabling them to remain within their local community as they age.
A new, state-of-the-art 30-bed wing featuring modern single bedrooms with ensuites opened in May 2019. Now with 67 single rooms with outdoor patio or balcony, ensuites and generous built-in wardrobes, the welcoming facility offers high quality, modern services that cater for the needs of older people in North West Tasmania, including rooms designed for people from the Indigenous community.Strathdevon supports you to age well with high quality, flexible care in a comfortable and welcoming environment.
Residents can take advantage of the beautiful gardens, use the barbecue facilities or take part in the dynamic and engaging activities program, including range of in-house activities and social outings, themed days and guest entertainers.
There is a bar with pool table, video and music area for relaxing get-togethers. The renovation also included new community facilities, including a hairdressing salon, chapel, activities room and community café, where residents can spend time with their friends and family.
Uniting AgeWell recognises that everyone’s needs are different. Our focus is on supporting you to experience a sense of wellbeing, choice and independence at every age and stage of life, to feel a valued member of your community and to have easy access to the services you need to live the life you want.
- 24-hour, high level clinical care delivered with dignity and respect by qualified and experienced staff
- Palliative care
- Specialist dementia care and support
- Dedicated chaplain on site to provide pastoral and spiritual care
- Access to allied health services including podiatry, physiotherapy and speech therapy
- Intimate lounge room with cosy fireplace
- Internet kiosk and library
- Chapel area for worship and celebration times
- Private family palliative area.
Uniting AgeWell is a fully accredited, experienced aged care provider committed to its values of respect, partnership, wisdom, fairness and stewardship.
Nursing home features
- Small home (37 beds)
- Specialist services: Visiting Health Professionals
Types of care
Additional details: Phone: (03) 6341 1400; units located at 50 Percival St, Latrobe