Surrounded by homely comforts and gardens, Traralgon Aged Care is a welcoming place to live. The sun filled courtyard is perfect for relaxing while the large lounge areas are ideal for residents and visitors to sit and enjoy. Our residents have every opportunity to remain as independent as possible through the support and encouragement they receive from our caring staff. Staff cherish the intimate one to-one relationships shared with our residents. In essence our residents are our extended family.
By enabling social interaction within the local Traralgon community we provide a sense of belonging as well as positively impacting health and wellbeing for our residents. Located only 3.8 kilometres from the town centre there is shopping, a bite to eat at the many restaurants and cafés and always local events to enjoy.
Traralgon aged care comprises of 60 beds and provides comfortable homelike accommodation in single rooms, each with ensuite bathrooms/toilets and emergency nurse call bell system, large shared rooms offer comfortable couples accommodation.
Designed on ground level for easy accessibility and offering a BBQ area for families and residents to enjoy.
- residents are encouraged to decorate rooms with memorabilia from home
- residents are provided 24-hour care from qualified registered nurses and care staff
- allied health professionals visit regularly
- located close to the CBD and shopping complex
- onsite laundry with excellent facilities
- off street parking for visitors
- day program
- respite care
- palliative care.
Lifestyle at Traralgon Aged Care
Our experienced Lifestyle staff have created programs that are designed to cater for both the individual residents as well as participation in small groups; they are designed to preserve the privacy, dignity, skills, memory and independence of our residents. Maintaining a community connection is vital to the wellbeing of everyone, we actively encourage the involvement of family, friends and the broader community at Traralgon aged care.
Some of our activities that assist in keeping residents active and engaged include:
- church services multi denomination
- entertainment, concerts and displays
- outdoor activities and bus outings to places of interest
- reminiscence and sensory groups
- dementia programs
- games, cards, floral craft, newspaper reading and more
- physiotherapy and exercise programs
- access to local community activities
- music therapy
- hairdresser on site
- gardening programs.
Nursing home features
- Medium home (60 beds)
- Specialist services: Allied Health services avaliable
Types of care
Additional details: Dementia Care , Specialised Palliative Care / Day Respite program