The District Nurses is one of Tasmania’s oldest and best loved philanthropic organisations.
We are Committed to Care. This is reflected in our values of Commitment, Equity, Excellence, Trust, Versatility & Transparency.
The District Nurses have been providing community nursing and in home support, for people of all ages, since 1896.
The District Nurses provide a full range of care services across Tasmania including:
- Community nursing including medication assistance
- Home Care Packages
- Assistance with household tasks including meal preparation
- Help with showering and dressing
- Social support and transport
- Gardening and home maintenance
- Allied health services
- NDIS services
- DVA and Veterans Home Care
- Private services
- Community clinic services including foot care and wound management
- In home respite
- End of life care.
Services can be provided through government subsidised programs such as Commonwealth Home Support Program (CHSP), Home Care Packages (HCP) or can be purchased as private services.