The District Nurses is one of Tasmania’s oldest and best loved philanthropic organisations.
We are Committed to Care. This is reflected in our values of Commitment, Equity, Excellence, Trust, Versatility & Transparency.
The District Nurses have been providing community nursing and in home support, for people of all ages, since 1896.
The District Nurses provide a full range of care services across Tasmania including:
- Community nursing including medication assistance
- Home Care Packages
- Assistance with household tasks including meal preparation
- Help with showering and dressing
- Social support and transport
- Gardening and home maintenance
- Allied health services
- NDIS services
- DVA and Veterans Home Care
- Private services
- Community clinic services including foot care and wound management
- In home respite
- End of life care.
Services can be provided through government subsidised programs such as Commonwealth Home Support Program (CHSP), Home Care Packages (HCP) or can be purchased as private services.
Health service features
Additional details: In home services; includes Nurse Practitioners
In home care features
Types of care
Additional details: Includes end of life care