Suncare Community Services (Suncare) is a not for profit community services organisation with operations across South East and regional, rural and remote centres in Queensland. The organisation provides services to enable people to maintain independence and remain connected to their communities. Their service scope encompasses respite, community care and allied health and nursing. These areas of practise are then carried out across the aged, mental health and disability sectors.
From humble beginnings in 1970, Suncare has grown from a small community service provider to the dynamic multi-centre organisation of today. Everything Suncare does is guided by their vision to be strong leaders and innovators in community support and person-centred care.
Current Funding Arrangements
The services Suncare provide can be categorised under each of the funding programs enabling the service. These are listed below. The services provided may cross over multiple funding arrangements.
- Carer Programs – Commonwealth Carer Respite & Carelink
o National Respite for Carers Program (NRCP)
o Employed Carer Program
o Consumer Direct Respite Care (CDRC)
o Department of Families, Housing, Community Services and
Indigenous Affairs (FaHCSIA)
o Young Carers Program
- Carer Programs
o Cottage Respite
o Counselling Services
o Direct Respite Services (NRCP)
- Disability Services Queensland
o Packages for Individuals
o Independent Living Skills Program
- Transitional Care Program (Transition care from hospital to home)
- Veterans Home Care (VHC)
- Independent Living Skills (ILS)
- Partners in Recovery (PIR)
- Housing & Support Program Sunshine Coast (HASP)
- Your Life Your Choice (YLYC)
- Transport (Community Alternative Transport)
- Consumer Directed Care (CDC)
- Social Support
- Day Respite Centre
- Allied Health (Podiatry and Massage)
- Personal Care
- Mobile Attendant Care Service (MACS)
- Emergency Response Funding (Disability Service – Emergency Response Funds).