Star of the Sea is a modern aged care community providing residential aged care in Wallaroo, including dementia, respite and palliative care services.
Nestled on the magnificent Copper Coast, Star of the Sea Residential Care Facility is in one of the most popular South Australian seaside locations for relaxation.
Right in the heart of the Wallaroo community, our residential aged care service is home to 70 residents requiring varying levels of care.
Star of the Sea is designed to accommodate ageing in place, with all the facilities that enable residents to always be in comfort, and feel a sense of belonging, as their lives change.
We offer this service in the true spirit of friendship.
Star of the Sea is conveniently located on the corner of Elizabeth and Irwin Streets, within a short walk to the centre of Wallaroo.
Wallaroo has a charming, regional friendliness where people go out of their way to make you feel welcome.
Owen Terrace shopping centre is nearby, providing a comprehensive range of shops, cafés and entertainment venues for residents and their visitors to enjoy.
Amble along the foreshore walkways or out on the jetty surrounded by crystal clear waters. A new secure jetty swimming area with easy accessibility caters for all ages and levels of ability.
Wallaroo Hospital and Health Services are also only a short distance away should the need arise.
Star of the Sea offers comfortable single rooms with private ensuites, and space for personal furnishings and keepsakes.
Every room has natural light, with beautiful garden views, and many have bay window seating.
A choice of three-room styles enables residents to have the area of accommodation that meets their needs and means.
All residents’ rooms also feature electronically adjustable beds, large double glazed windows, quality curtains and floor coverings, individual air conditioning, variable lighting, furniture and storage.
Services & features
Star of the Sea provides a comprehensive range of features and services creating a high level of comfort and convenience for residents and their guests:
- Homely, friendly and caring environment
- Home style
- Permanent residential care
- Dementia specific services
- Respite beds available
- Highly skilled, professional team
- Registered Nurse available 24/7
- Individual care and dietary plans
- Socially and financially disadvantaged people welcomed
- Nutritious, sumptuous home-cooked meals from our kitchen
- Central lounge with large TV
- Physio programs, balance groups and alternative therapies for pain management
- Private areas for quiet reminiscence
- Spacious social areas for group interaction and activities
- Complimentary aromatherapy, hand massage, manicures, music therapy, sensory therapy, pet therapy and TheraBand exercise programs
- Optional hairdressing and beauty therapy (at additional cost)
For additional information, please call our friendly team on 08 8823 0000
Nursing home features
- Medium home (70 beds)
- Specialist services: Visiting Podiatrist, Occupational Therapist, Speech Pathologist, Audiologist, Physiotheraptist
Types of care
- Residential aged care
Additional details: Dementia services available