Salvos Healthlink in South Australia is an Allied Health clinic with health professionals onboard providing a variety of therapeutic and direct health services to older Australians in the community.
The services are available to both individuals and groups, with a focus on recovery, restoration and reablement. The goal of these services is to improve overall well-being and to assist older people in living independently in their homes and within their communities.
- Remedial massage therapy
- 'Relax, Recharge, Renew' therapy
- Strength and balance exercises
- Falls prevention exercises
- Tai chi and walking groups
The following people qualify for Government subsidised services at Healthlink:
- People who are 65 years and over, or 50 years and over and identify as an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander
- People who would benefit from our services to improve or maintain their independence and mobility
- People who think therapy services will help them remain living in their own homes for as long as possible
To access government subsidised services, all clients must firstly be registered with My Aged Care. We can also assist you with this if required. If you are already registered, you may contact My Aged Care directly on 1800 200 422 and request to be referred to The Salvation Army Healthlink.
The services provided by The Salvation Army Healthlink are supported by the Australian Government Department of Health for those who are eligible. Payment options are assessed based on your personal circumstances and different arrangements are available. Please contact us for further information and to discuss your eligibility for subsidised therapies. We accept all government subsidised clients, as well as private clients.
Day therapy centre features
Additional details: We do not offer transport directly, but we can organise transport if required.