“The Terraces” is part of an award-winning over 55's community in the highly sought-after suburb of Paddington in Sydney’s Eastern Suburbs. A brand-new, purpose built aged care home featuring every modern convenience, it’s less than 500 metres to St. Vincent’s Hospital, less than 1 kilometre to Rushcutter’s Bay and within 5 minutes walk in all directions are shops, cafés and galleries.
Designed to accommodate “Ageing in place” the facility provides respite, residential, dementia and palliative care. There are multiple lounge, dining and activity rooms, a hydrotherapy spa and the majority of rooms have their own ensuite.
The Terraces comprises:
- 79 elegant independent living retirement units across four buildings, including the heritage-listed Scottish Hospital – which dates back to the 1840s and was a functioning hospital from 1902-the late 1990s – and which has been converted into 9 stunning house-size retirement apartments
- a 100-bed residential aged care facility, including a 23-bed dementia unit with a private garden
- a theatrette, swimming pool, gym and landscaped parks and gardens; and
- an on-site café, as well as the capacity to run Home Care and Day Centre activities.
In the dementia unit, residents reside in a secure environment to prevent wandering, while still allowing them to move about at their pleasure in safety. They also have a secure garden allowing them to enjoy the outdoors freely too.
The Terraces is renowned for it's committed, caring staff.
Support & assistance is available for showering, dressing, medication administration & supervision, nursing and personal care needs, all provided by our highly qualified, dedicated, and experienced care staff and registered nurses who are available 24 hours a day. We also provide leisure and recreational programs that are designed to support, challenge, and enhance the social, emotional, spiritual, and physical well-being of individuals. All laundry services and meals (made by an onsite chef, including specific dietary requirements) are also looked after.
To find out more about moving into The Terraces phone our friendly team on 1800 708 067.
Nursing home features
- Large home (100 beds)
Types of care
- Offers ILUs/Villas
- Activities room
- Dining room
- 24 hour monitored emergency call
- Exercise room
- Hotel services
- Swimming pool
- Religious services
- Theatre/Movie room
- Village centre
- Social/Wellness program
- Aged care on site
- Deferred management fee
- Health & fitness program
- Personal care
- Cafe/Kiosk (open daily)
- Hairdressing salon
Additional details: Retirement LIving Manager is Ms Beata Letowski ph. 1800 722 679