Be part of an inclusive, friendly, supportive community.
Bishop Davies Court is perfectly located for you to enjoy the shopping precinct of Kingston (just a few minutes’ drive away) and the busy, social on-site café run by our extraordinary group of volunteers. Bishop Davies is well known for our homely, welcoming atmosphere with expert care services. Our staff are dedicated to enhancing the lives of our residents in any way we can. We also have an extensive leisure and lifestyle program that we are really proud of.
The easily accessible green courtyard spaces at Bishop Davies Court are the ideal place to relax and enjoy conversations with friends and family. We are constantly improving the courtyards and outdoor areas at create spaces for residents, families and friends to enjoy the sunshine and fresh air in comfort. Throughout the seasons, our staff often bring flowers and cuttings to plant in tubs and place around the home. At Bishop Davies Court, you are close by the centre of Kingston and the extensive facilities and services your community has to offer – including pharmacies, supermarkets, health care providers, cafes, travel agent, retail stores, parks, playgrounds and the local library.
It’s everything you need, all in the one place.
Creating community connections
Bishop Davies Court is part of a lively thriving community hub that includes the Lady Gowrie Early Learning Centre. We also enjoy a close collaborative relationship with students and teachers from the nearby primary schools who often visit us. We believe that collaborating with children and young adults is not only important for developing social connections with those who live with us, but also for the children who thrive when they have the opportunity to learn from older generations, as they share stories, activities and experiences.
What makes Bishop Davies Court special
• Bright, spacious contemporary rooms
• Freshly cooked nutritious meals and seasonal menus
• Pet therapy
• A busy cafe for residents, families, friends and the wider local community
• On-site full time physiotherapy and a dedicated treatment room
• Access and support from health professionals including dietary, podiatry and speech therapy
• Easily accessible green courtyards
• Kitchens and lounge areas that encourage independence
• On-site beauty and hair salon
• Multicultural services including meals catering to cultural requirements, and culturally diverse recreational activities
• Extensive leisure and lifestyle program
Bishop Davies Court has single rooms with ensuite bathrooms and built in wardrobes. A bed, bedside table, TV, desk and visitor chair are part of your room. This is your home and we want you to feel that way. We encourage you to bring photos and personal things to help really make the room a true reflection of you. Every room has a different outlook and spacious feel. You may prefer a courtyard or garden outlook, or perhaps a view towards Mount Wellington. We also offer respite care. You may be eligible to access respite care for up to six weeks - depending on your needs. Respite care can be planned in advance and also available in emergencies. During your stay with us, you will enjoy the same expert care and services as those who choose to call Bishop Davies their permanent home. For more information on how residential respite care can work for you, please get in touch with us today.
We offer a range of accommodation options to suit your needs including:
• Bright, spacious contemporary suites
• Choose from different outlooks and views
• Respite care.
Nursing home features
- Medium home (95 beds)
- Specialist services: Physiotherapist on-site plus visiting Optometry and Podiatry services.