Be part of a vibrant, inclusive and active community.
Residents, staff, pets, volunteers, family and friends all help to create an atmosphere that is welcoming and fun. We have everything you need, all in the one place. There’s always something happening at OneCare’s Barossa Park Village.
Whether it’s aquatic exercise groups or tai chi at the YMCA Wellness and Community Centre, weekly visits from the Tiny Tackers Children’s Centre or live music and delicious coffee at our busy café, you will be spoilt for choice. Our green courtyard spaces are filled with plants and flowers; they are the ideal place to have a chat with friends or perhaps steal some ‘me’ time and put your head in a good book.
Just down the road is the nearby shopping precinct of Glenorchy, which has a medical centre, pharmacy, supermarket, cinema, cafes, restaurants, a travel agent, green parks, playgrounds and a
local library. We are proud of our connections with nearby schools who visit on occasions. We believe that spending time with children and teenagers is not only important for developing social connections for residents, but also for the visitors who thoroughly enjoy the chance to learn from older generations, and share stories, activities and experiences.
What makes Barossa Park Lodge special
• Bright, spacious contemporary rooms
• Freshly cooked nutritious meals and seasonal menus
• A busy cafe that is enjoyed and visited by residents, families, friends and the wider local community
• Regular visitors from the on-site Tiny Tackers Children’s Centre
• Pet therapy
• On-site YMCA Wellness and Community Centre – including aquatic exercise programs, gentle swimming, learn to swim classes, yoga, pilates and tai chi
• On-site full time physiotherapy and a dedicated treatment room
• Access and support from health professionals including dietary, podiatry, speech therapy
• Extensive easily accessible green courtyards and outdoor spaces
• Kitchens and lounge spaces that encourage independence
• On-site beauty and hair salon
• Multicultural services including meals catering to cultural requirements, and culturally diverse recreational activities
• Exciting leisure and lifestyle program
Barossa Park has single and double rooms with ensuite bathrooms and built-in wardrobes. Each room includes a bed, bedside table, TV, desk and visitor chair as a starting point but this is your home, and we want you to feel that way. We encourage you to bring photos and personal items to decorate and make the room a true reflection of you. Every room is spacious, comfortable and has a different outlook. You may prefer a courtyard room, or perhaps a view to Mount Wellington or the Derwent River. We also offer dementia-specific suites and respite care. You may be eligible to access respite care for up to six weeks - depending on your needs. Respite care can be planned in advance and also available in emergencies. During your stay with us, you will enjoy the same expert care and services as those who choose to call Barossa Park their permanent home. For more information on how residential respite care can work for you, please get in touch with us today.
We offer a range of accommodation options to suit your needs including:
• Bright, spacious contemporary suites
• Double rooms for couples
• Respite care
• Dementia-specific suites.
Nursing home features
- Large home (136 beds)
- Specialist services: Physiotherapist and hairdresser on-site