An extended part of your family
Oaklea Hall offers a friendly, professional service in a comfortable home, promoting the confidence and quality of life for elderly residents.
Our residents have every opportunity to remain as independent as possible through the support and encouragement they receive from our caring staff. They also have involvement in decision making at all levels of resident care.
We respect the individuality of each person and allow for freedom of expression, privacy and dignity. To that end, we aim to provide quality care, recognising the needs of the whole person including all aspects of physical, psychological, cultural, spiritual, religious and social care.
Comprises 46 beds and provides comfortable home-like accommodation in large single rooms, each with ensuite bathrooms/toilets and emergency call bells.
- Oaklea Hall is designed on ground level for easy accessibility and is built around generous courtyards offering gardens to enjoy safely
- Cohabitated rooms with adjoining doors available for couples accommodation
- Off street parking for visitors
- Close to public transport
- Qualified nursing staff on duty 24-hours a day
- Day program
- Respite care
- Palliative care.
Choices at every meal – we cater for ALL dietary requirements:
- menus are reviewed by dietitians to ensure that nutritional needs are met
- our full time chefs take pride in their work and carefully prepare meals to the highest standards of quality, taste and presentation
- all laundry is undertaken on-site.
Visits from Allied Health professionals include:
- Speech Pathologist.
Our activity programs are designed to cater for individual residents as well as participation in small groups. They are designed to preserve the privacy, dignity, skills, memory and independence of our residents. As part of our regular program we offer:
- Special morning tea group
- Physiotherapy and exercise programs
- Flower arranging
- Short stories and poetry reading
- Pet therapy
- Walking groups
- Access to community activities
- Visiting clergy for individual care and church services
- Multicultural care programs
- Gardening group
- Validation and reminiscence
- Bus excursions
- Newspaper reading
- Beauty and pampering
- Active floor games
- Spiritual support
- Musical events
- Discussion groups/current affairs
- Word games
- Movie and chocolate days
- Family events.
Nursing home features
Types of care
- Residential aged care
Additional details: Dementia care available
This single room with private ensuite feature an electric adjustable bed. This room is filled with natural light and windows are furnished with curtains and block out blinds, neutral decor allows it to be personalised with items from home.
Each of these rooms feature quality carpets, hydronic heating and down lights. The room is complete with power outlets, phone line available to purchase and nurse call bell system
The rooms in the Jasmine Wing have garden views with access to all common areas. The Rose Wing rooms are located within close proximity to the main dining area and spacious lounge room.