Vision: Supporting individuals from culturally diverse backgrounds to realise their goals and be strongly connected to community life.
Purpose: To support frail aged people and their carers from culturally diverse backgrounds, Multicultural Care will aim to:
- Enhance the quality of life and wellbeing of service users and carers;
- Provide high quality, culturally and linguistically appropriate aged and community care that responds to people's changing needs;
- Provide choices in multicultural aged and community care services for service users and carers;
- Achieve culturally and linguistically appropriate continuity of care for our service users and carers;
- Support service users and carers to direct their own care to the extent that is possible;
- Form and maintain strategic partnerships with other aged and community care providers; and
- Respond to the changing demographics and industry context.
Values: Multicultural Care is committed to:
- Cultural diversity
- Access and equity
- Community connectedness
- Collaborative and respectful working relationships
- A learning environment
- Professional and ethical conduct
- Individual rights and choices
- Accountable, responsive and safe service provision
- Environmental sustainability through the efficient use of resources.