Menarock Life Willowbrae offers an environment where a warm, relaxed, home-like lifestyle develops. Our trained staff ensure that a high standard of personal care, concern and dignity is maintained and available 24 hours a day. We aim to provide the best quality of life possible for each of our residents through a dedicated, caring approach that reflects each individual’s needs, privacy, dignity and choice. Residents are encouraged, as far as possible, to maintain their independence and interests. Respite care facilities, where our high standards of care are equally maintained, are likewise available for those who seek accommodation for the short term.
Menarock Life Willowbrae is a modern, purpose-built 64 bed facility, situated alongside Westerfolds Park, with its natural bush reserves and open areas, bounded by the Yarra River, yet it is also close to shops, medical services, churches, clubs and public transport.
Each resident has their own individual bed-sitting room, wired for free-to-air and cable television, private telephone as well as a private ensuite with fold away shower seat, complete with anti-scalding thermo valve taps, grab rails and non-slip floors. Quality curtains and light fittings and built in wardrobes make each room attractive and comfortable. Residents have the option to furbish their own bedroom if they desire.
Residents may relax in the spacious comfort of the lounge room, with its open fireplace, watch communal television, listen to requested musical or other programs of interest, or enjoy reading from a selection of books from our library. In addition there are two smaller lounge rooms, one of which is designed as a chapel retreat where residents and their friends may enjoy quiet and private moments. A large multi-purpose room caters for a variety of activities ranging from construction & modelling to bingo, cards and other interests. This room also doubles as a meeting room for groups both within the hostel & the wider community. Regular ecumenical church services are conducted by local clergy.
Hydronic heating throughout the building and air conditioning in communal areas, as well as individually controlled ceiling fans in all bedrooms and communal areas, ensures a comfortable temperature is maintained in all seasons. Outside the landscaped courtyard and pergola with its central water feature, offer an idyllic area to enjoy the outdoors. The built-in barbecue caters for special outdoor functions. On occasions residents may wish to cook for themselves, their friends and families as a special treat.
Families and residents can gain peace of mind from their concerns for the safety and wellbeing of all at Menarock Life Willowbrae. Call buttons strategically placed in bedrooms, ensuites and communal areas quickly summon our trained staff day and night. The building is also fully fire protected with alarm and sprinker systems in place.To protect those residents who are apt to be confused and wander, a digital coded system operates the front door whilst special locks, similar to those used around private swimming pools, make leaving from the outside gates difficult. Corridors are wide enough for wheel chair access and lined with grab rails, whilst all floor coverings are non-slip. Outdoors the building is well protected with security lighting.
Your own choice of doctor or specialist is encouraged but we do have a list of medical practitioners from which to choose. All doctors offer a 24 hour a day medical service. Medication, nutrition, dietary & personal care needs are carefully supervised. Serviced from a modern commercial kitchen, the meals provided by our chefs are home cooked and of the utmost freshness and quality, and can cater for any special dietary needs.
- Visiting Hairdresser, Pharmacist, Podiatrist, Physiotherapist, Optician, Massage Therapist, Beautician/Manicurist and other specialist services.
- Arrangements for visiting or being visited by your various clubs, church or community groups.
- A qualified Music Therapist is available.
- A private dining room that services you and your family and friends on request. Bookings are essential.
- A full range of fun filled activities including regular “happy hour” times, outings, concerts, in house competitions etc. Birthdays and special days, religious or otherwise, will be acknowledged and celebrated.
- Delivery of newspapers, magazines, and dry cleaning.
- Facilities for the disabled.
- A 'Garden Club' with raised garden beds for those who love their plants, and like to potter.
- Menarock Life Willowbrae has an internal and external comments and suggestions mechanism. Forms detailing procedures are available in the foyer.
- Our minibus transports residents for shopping trips and outings.
**Video refers to Menarock Life’s care philosophy rather than promote the individual residence**
Nursing home features
- Medium home (64 beds)
- Specialist services: Speech Therapist, Physiotherapist, Podiatrist, Dentist, Optometrist, Dietitian, Hairdresser, Massage Therapist
Types of care
Additional details: New two-story extension, eight extra large rooms on ground and first floor; interconnecting doors for couples