mecwacare John Atchison Centre
Located on Derrimut Road in Hoppers Crossing, mecwacare John Atchison Centre is a 100-bed aged care and retirement living facility nestled within Melbourne’s West. The centre is close to local shops and public transport for easy access and community engagement.
One and two room suites with access to a garden or a balcony are available. All rooms are private accommodation with an ensuite bathroom, while all two room suites feature kitchenettes.
mecwacare John Atchison Centre has three separate dining areas and large lounge areas which provide the residents with a range of options to sit and eat. There is an activity room for various lifestyle programs, with a tea and coffee area for residents’ families.
The activities calendar is planned a month in advance and provides many interesting and varied group activities such as cooking and sewing groups. Outings are conducted weekly on the facility bus to a variety of clubs and places of interest. Residents enjoy singing, dancing and music each week, while there is also an outdoor garden area to maintain.
mecwacare John Atchison Centre provides:
- 24-hour care and support provided by Registered Nurses, personal care and lifestyle staff
- Full accreditation under the Australian Aged Care Quality Agency
- Secure and protected environment
- Ageing-in-place accommodation
- Respite care when beds are available
- Lounge rooms with tea/coffee making facilities
- Two well appointed dining rooms
- Private dining room for special celebrations
- Well established landscaped gardens
- Movie theatre
- Hairdressing salon
Further information, Freecall 1800 163 292
Nursing home features
Types of care
- Residential aged care