The Old Colonists' Association of Victoria is a charity serving elderly Victorians needing affordable, safe and dignified independent community living, together with appropriate and practicable continuing care.
Our Estate at 339 St Helena Road, St Helena, has an 81 bed Residential Aged Care Facility including 1 Respite Room.
Our facility, Liscombe House, comprises three sections as follows:
- Liscombe Wing: 39 single rooms
- Currie Wing: 22 single rooms and 4 double rooms located within a totally secure unit
- Anne Jeffery Wing: 12 single rooms (Dementia specific) located within a totally secure unit.
At Liscombe House we pride ourselves on the care we give our residents. When a person makes a decision to enter into care, there is often some sadness and uncertainty. We aim to help them settle into their new home and enjoy life and the many activities we offer.
Whilst clinical care is very important, we also believe at Liscombe House that residents need to feel safe, secure, relaxed, at home and valued for who they are.
All our staff work together to ensure that our residents are comfortable and happy in their home at all times.
Our residents are able to enjoy:
- Excellent clinical care
- Well balanced in house cooked meals
- In house laundry service
- A Chapel and services
- Beauty Salon
- Daily newspapers
- Happy Hours
- Various activities including external entertainers
- Exercises/Armchair zumba
- External bus outings to local coffee shops
- Gift and card stalls
- External gardens
- Use of computers
- In house Library facilities and Regional Library services
- Visitors coffee and tea making facilities.
Connect with us via social media: