HenderCare (NSW & ACT) has been supporting older Australians who want to stay in their own homes since 2004.
Consumer Directed Care puts you squarely at the centre of every decision we make with you. If you want to stay in your own home but need some support, we're here for you. From gardening to personal care and in-home nursing services, our team is ready to help.
How can we help you?
Whatever supports you require, we have the right team ready to support you. Our services include:
- keeping your home clean and tidy
- assisting with home and garden maintenance and modifications
- taking you shopping, or doing your shopping for you
- preparing nutritious meals with you, or for you
- helping you get out and about to appointments or social engagements
- social support, which can be spending time with you over a cup of tea, or going with you to social functions
- personal care to make sure you can shower and dress safely and independently
- respite care, if your carer needs a break from caring duties
- acute, specialist, gerontic and community nursing, for support with wound care, managing skin integrity, continence management and medication management
- assistive technology and equipment.
We can also support you with:
- Home Care Packages
- Veterans’ Home Care
- 24 hour/live-in care.
A number of our clients don’t have government-funded packages (Home Care Packages or Veterans’ Home Care). With private clients like these, we work with you to identify the supports you need, then set up a plan to help you meet your goals.
Home Care Packages
Recent changes to Home Care Packages have made it easier for you to have the freedom and flexibility to choose who comes into your home to help. If you have a new Home Care Package or want to move your Home Care Package from another provider, we’re here to help.
Veterans’ Home Care
We’re very proud of the work we do with our veteran community as a contracted Department of Veterans’ Affairs Veterans' Home Care service provider. Veterans' Home Care is designed to provide basic, practical support to veterans who need some help in their own home. It doesn’t offer support for complex care needs. Veterans' Home Care is administered by the Department of Veterans' Affairs.
Veterans' Home Care services include:
- domestic assistance, including cleaning your house, shopping from a list, paying your bills and doing the laundry and ironing
- personal care, which is help with self-care for up to 1½ hours per week
- safety-related home and garden maintenance, including minor maintenance and repair work
- respite care, if you or your carer needs a temporary break from caring duties.
Most of the services you can access through Veterans' Home Care attract a small co-payment fee that you are responsible for.
If you are a White or Gold Cardholder and think you are eligible for Veteran’s Home Care support, your first step is to get in touch with a VHC Assessment Agency on 1300 550 450. Once they have done their assessment, we're here and ready to help.
In home care features
Types of care
Additional details: Includes services for Veterans' Home Care (VHC) & DVA clients and clients with mental health issues