Parafield Gardens is surrounded by beautiful landscaped gardens, with a homely open environment. Our Parafield Gardens residential care home has a vibrant and friendly atmosphere. This atmosphere is supported by the team of staff and volunteers, and the interaction of residents and their families and friends. The home provides a welcoming ambience as you walk through the front door into the spacious foyer, greeted by the aromas of home cooking coming from the café.
The home is a hive of activity as residents enjoy group activities such as painting, table games, bingo, Wii games, craft and social days. There are also regular concerts and sing alongs, armchair travel sessions and a home library service. The themed lunches and special events such as bus trips are always a highlight on the activities program. Volunteers have a great trading table and there is a gift cart run by residents, with many items for sale. The visiting pets are always a welcome addition, and get many a pat and a cuddle from residents and visitors alike.
Residents are encouraged to personalise their room with personal belongings such as favourite chair, an heirloom quilt or a collection of family photos. They may also bring a small collection of plants and continue to care for them in the community garden.
Our Parafield Gardens residential care home accommodates 93 residents. Some features of the home include:
- Single or double contemporary and spacious rooms with ensuite
- Secure memory support wing
- Beautifully appointed respite rooms
- On-site parking
- Café, serving refreshments and light meals
- Comprehensive library
- Unisex hair salon
- Interactive gardens, including seasonal fruits, vegetables and herbs
- Landscaped gardens and courtyards that incorporate seasonal colours, fragrances and textures
- Internet café
- Open plan communal lounge rooms
- Trading table and gift cart, and in-home shopping for giftware, jewellery and clothing
- Quality home-style cooked meals prepared on site
- Weekly church services and social activities.
Nursing home features
Types of care
Parafield Gardens is a fully accredited facility. All rooms are comfortably furnished with electric beds, built-in wardrobes, lockable storage and individually controlled air conditioning systems.
They are also equipped with Nurse Call points, wide doors, fabric curtains and carpet. There are provisions for telephone, TV, personal computer and bar fridge.
Residents are encouraged to personalise their room with belongings such as a favourite chair, an heirloom quilt or a collection of family photos. They may also bring a small collection of plants and continue to care for them in the community garden.
Please call us on 1300 653 600 for more information and to apply.